Friday, December 17, 2010

Pretzel Candies

I'm sure you've seen these everywhere, but they're too yummy not to share. Besides taking these to work and being asked "did you use diet rollos".. (uhm, huh?) everyone loved them and were excited to have some.
Pretzel Candies
also called Turtle Treats
I don't have an original recipe

1/2 bag of pretzel twists
3 bags, yes 3, of rollo candies
1/2 bag (large bag) of pecans
white almond bark, optional

Turn oven to 250*. Place pretzels in 'single file lines' (as I told my Husband, my pretzel placement chief) on a baking sheet. Top each pretzel with a rollo candy. Put the baking sheet in the oven for a couple of minutes. Just long enough where you can tell that the candy is starting to melt. You do NOT want to melt the candy completely in the oven.

Take the baking sheet out and immediately take a pecan and squish down the rollo with the pecan. Let the candies cool completely. I left them out overnight, on the baking sheet, covered with plastic wrap. The next morning I drizzled them with melted white almond bark. The almond bark doesn't take too long to cool. Once they almond bark was hardened, I transferred the treats to an air-tight container and they were ready for sharing!

The most time consuming part of this recipe is unwrapping your rollos.

No comments: