Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Smokies

Bacon Wrapped Mini Weenies
Amy's Kitchen Creation Original Recipe

I know there are hundreds of recipes out there for mini weenies.  Some in bbq sauce, some wrapped in bacon, some just thrown in a crockpot.  These are super easy to make.  We were having a potluck at work and I wanted to bring something that you could sort of classify as an entree.  Usually at our work, potlucks are a lot of chips, store bought dips, store bought fruit trays etc.  I wanted to make something at home, even if it was using prepackaged foods.

Everyone loved them.  I only made a small crockpot full and they were gone in about two hours, if that.  I made them again for another occasion with family shortly after.  Delicious.

Ingredients
1 package of bacon-I used regular (not maple) and regular cut (not thick cut)
2 packages little weenies (whatever brand was on sale)
Sprinkles of Everyday Grillin Seasoning, Seasoned Salt and Black Pepper
Few drizzles of Bayou Bourbon Glaze

Cut your package of bacon into thirds. Lightly spray an 8x13 pan with cooking spray Using a strip of bacon from one of the third sections, wrap it around the little weenie, secure with a toothpick and place in your pan.  Repeat this process until you're out of bacon and weenies. 

I baked them at 350 for about 30 minutes I think. I didn't set a timer, I just watched them while I prepared dinner. Cook until the bacon is done and even a little crispy.

I left them cool while we ate dinner. Once they were cooled, I took all of the toothpicks out and stored them in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, I heated them in the microwave real quick and when I got to work I put them in a mini crockpot and they were ready for our lunch potluck.  

You'll have to excuse my picture. This is a picture of the leftovers. I've also decided, mini weenies don't photograph so well.

No comments: