Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oven Scrambler

Introducing... my very first guest blogger. My wonderful Husband, Matt, is sharing a recipe with us today. Here is his recipe for a breakfast he made for us when we had a random weekday off together.


Ok so for this recipe I used a one time use aluminum pan. You could use this or a glass baking dish would work too. I sprayed the pan with non stick spray, set that aside. I then took 3 potatoes cut them into quarters and sliced those up, added them to a frying pan with a bit of EVOO and some Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt. I fried those for about 10 minutes just to get a nice golden brown,  while those fried, in a bowl I mixed together 4 eggs with about a ¼ cup of milk and some tastefully simple Bacon Bacon and added that to the aluminum pan and placed it in the oven at 350. After the potatoes started showing some color I pulled the eggs from the oven stirred them around, and added the potatoes. I placed them back into the oven for another 5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes were up I took turkey lunch meat that I had cut up, tossed in with the eggs and potatoes and sprinkled sharp shredded cheese on top and placed in the oven just to get it melted.

Amy's Opinions:
It was a very good breakfast. It was something that was quick and easy. It was nice to have a 'treat' for Breakfast. Typically, we take yougrt & english muffins or cereal or frozen waffles to work and eat after we get to work. On weekends, or on weekdays that we're off together, it's nice to have a heartier breakfast.

You could definitely make this for a large group, just add more ingredients! This would be great with some fresh onions too, but we were all out.

My only suggestion for improvement would be to have smaller chunks of lunchmeat.

No comments: