Thursday, June 17, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Recipe from: Carrie's Sweet Life
Originally from: A year of Slow Cooking

I think my crockpot hates me. Even though I put sauce on the bottom of the crockpot like the recipe says to do, it burnt on the bottom. It also turned to mush. I know traditional lasagna isn't exactly firm, but these noodles were falling apart and had no consistency at all. It was edible though. It took awhile to prepare, but that's because I didn't have any leftover chicken breast in the refrigerator so I had to cook, cool and shred it the same day I was making it.

I also used oven ready lasagna noodles, so I don't know if that's part of the reason it was so mushy?!

I'd definitely try this again, but I might bake it in the oven instead. It had good buffalo flavor, but I felt like it needed more meat maybe?

1 comment:

Meb said...

Check out the crock pot recipe that I have by Jessica Seinfeld!! You can find it on my blod just click on my recipes tab and find the first one! :o)