Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Confetti Crisps

This is a fabulous recipe that I found in a Pampered Chef recipe book called Delightful Desserts. I have had the cookbook for so long, I don't even remember when I got it. I first made this recipe for my Grandpa-in-law's, surprise 70th Birthday last year. It was a HUGE hit, I don't think that my Husband and I even got to taste any, it was gone that fast! More recently, I made it for my Cousin-In-Law's Graduation party, and again, it was a hit! I got asked by three different people for the recipe.

It's super simple, and super tasty. Definitely make this soon!

Also, think of the endless possibilities with this. You could use white chocolate chips, you could add craisins, toffee pieces... whatever your heart desires! I'd love to see what other toppings you make it with!

Confetti Crisps
Recipe adapted from a Pampered Chef cookbook
1 sleeve plus 1/4 sleeve of saltine crackers
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter (do not use margarine)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk chocolate chocolate chips
1 cup twist pretzels, broken into small pieces
1/3 cup chopped peanuts
1/3 cup regular sized M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Arrange crackers side by side in a single layer on a baking sheet. You may need to break some in half so that you can cover the sides/top/bottom of the baking sheet evenly.

2. Combine brown sugar, butter and vanilla in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a full boil across the surface. Boil, stirring constantly, 4 minutes.

3. Immediately pour sugar mixture over crackers and spread evenly. Bake 10-12 minutes or until sugar mixture is bubbly and lightly browned. Remove pan from oven to a cooling rack.
(you can see how I had to arrange my crackers in order to fill the pan :))

4. Immediately sprinkle baked crackers with chocolate chips. Let stand 3 minutes, allowing chips to soften, then spread evenly over surgace. Sprinkle with pretzels, peanuts, baking bits and raisins (if desired) Lightly press toppings into melted chocolated. Let stand at room temperature to cool completely. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm chocolate. Cut into squares and serve.


The original recipe calls for 40 saltines, mini pretzels, semi-sweet chips, mini M&Ms, and also states that raisins are optional. The original recipe also uses Pampered Chef products, which I did not use.

No comments: