Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Warm Artichoke and Spinach Bread

This was a recipe inspired by this recipe on the Tastefully Simple website. I didn't have a loaf of bread and I didn't have the 25-30 minutes to wait for the bread to cook, so I improvised.

It's not a very pretty picture, but I promise you that it was delicious!

I had some small rolls that I had previously gotten on sale that I had froze. I took 3 out, let them thaw and then cut them in half. I combined a block of cream cheese with Artichoke and Spinach Warm Dip Mix, a 14oz can of artichcokes, some Kraft Parmesan Cheese (in the green container) and a cup of shredded cheese. You're supposed to use swiss cheese, but I just used what I had on hand.

Spread the cream cheese mixture onto your bread, pop it under your broiler for a few minutes, until the mixture gets a little more ooey gooey and the bread hardens up a little.

Serve!
 We served this with Low-Fat Zesty Shrimp Pasta.

It really is, that simple! Everytime I do a Tastefully Simple party, when the guests sample the Artichoke and Spinach Warm Dip Mix, I can't wait to get home and make it myself. It's great with crackers/chips as a dip, but it's phenomenal on bread! I'm sure the recipe that I adapted from would also be fantastic and I'll most definitely be trying that.

No comments: